Fresh on the heals of burying 2013 in a ditch behind my apartment, and setting fire to the rotting corpse, I've decided to find something else to do this 2014 other than spend time remembering all the shitty things that happened. New plans and goals:
1) Bikes, more of them.
- So I love bikes. I used to love longboarding, but accidents and moving to a non-college town (and therefore forgiving city ordinances about public places) has forced me to reconsider my primary mode of outdoor transportation. I spent last summer riding the crap out of my Trek 7.2, and enjoyed the hell out of not driving. However, improper fit and bad geometry nearly destroyed my wrists. Now, I'm almost done saving up to get a more relaxed fit bike designed for long distance travel and hauling capacity in the Surly Long Haul Trucker or the Surly Troll/Ogre. Gonna get a mustache bar and a Brooks saddle, some paniers and call it good. My goal is to be able to comfortably replace my car for all non-work related travel year round and also go to some of the state parks and ride the trails. Not sure how far I'll get with this, but I have a long duration goal on this one.
2) Collecting vinyl figurines.
- Yep. I need something a little more random in my life. After my sisters got me some My Little Pony: FiM dolls from Funko (6 inch vinyl figurines) for Christmas, I realized that not only did I enjoy trolling my day-shift co-workers with them, but that I also liked how they looked (despite some serious errors in quality control). My available space is limited, and funds tight, so I won't go be going overboard on this hobby. Might hunt down some figures from some of the shows and anime I've enjoyed over the years. Wouldn't mind a Thundercats figure or two, maybe a Railgun figure, and a Ryoko figure from Tenchi Muyo. And I can't resist the urge to get a Strike Witches doll or two to give to one of my co-workers for his birthday just to watch him squirm. Yes I know what that anime is, no, I don't like it, however the troll factor is just too high.
3) Killing off my youtube account.
- I have seen and been disheartened by Google's wasted potential for this environment. I just don't care anymore. Saying goodbye to youtube, though I'm going to keep maybe 20 people I watch. I'm going to just watch a few people on Blip.tv now. I'm just tired of yourube forcing me to use work-a-rounds just to use it. Like special plugins or webpages to properly track my subscriptions because google keeps destroying their tracking system and notifications get lost all the time. Easier to just manually check each channel at that point.
4) Picking a real game to get into.
- Whether it is an RPG or card game, I'm going to start a play group. Somehow. Tired of groups dying off because no one will take charge and schedule events.
5) Plants. More of them.
- What to say? I'm intrigued by the two plants on my windowsill. I somehow managed to not kill them. Possible to expand plants in apartment? Who knows.
6) Feminism, Social Activism, Women in general. > Full MGTOW.
- Can go fuck right off. I think I've manged to finally burn out any anger, disappointment with women in general, men's continual capitulation to whatever they want, no matter how stupid, and the general anti-male bias in society. I'm just done. When I see this shit happen, I'm just going to engage the apathy drive I've been building. Its not surprising, or shocking anymore, its downright predictable to see yet another social justice movement to destroy anything and everything male in society. Oh look, another game with a female with big tits. I bet the women in society will start to ... oh nm, that's all we're going to talk about for the next few months. Joy. Oh look, another Anita video that uses stolen footage, faulty logic, and flat out lies. Oh look, male gamers are being labeled as socially unstable murderers again. Why even care anymore. Just like women paint all men with the same hate/bigotry brush of misogyny, I've taken all women, and thrown them out. You can take your "safe spaces" in public events like PAX and shove it. If what you want is a sexually segregated society, enjoy your long hard search for "a good man" because I've left for good and closed the door behind me. And I'm not the only man who has chosen this path. I expect that the this generation will have a lot of lonely, bitter old women trying to denounce feminism in a futile attempt to convince the male gender that they really do need men. Which is apparently a lot more than men need women, because the MGTOW movement and the Japanese Grass Eater culture is doing nothing but exploding.
- There will be a few women I'll interact with, either by force or by actual friendship, but the rest will be a strictly business transactional interaction.
INTERNET ARTWORK COLLECTOR
Supporting Artists Wherever I Can.
My Commission Tracking Journal: fav.me/d4lk5fs